March 9 – March 17 GMT
This is a unique opportunity to experience the beauty and challenge of a polar expedition in Norway. Led by Dr. Paddy Mitton, a seasoned polar expedition medic and mountain guide, you will learn the skills and knowledge necessary to lead your own expedition.
- Explore the stunning scenery of Norway’s Arctic tundra
- Spend a few days Skiing across the polar scenery
- Witness the spectacular northern lights (with some luck!)
- Develop your medical skills in a challenging setting
Who Should Attend
This expedition is open to anyone who is physically fit and has a sense of adventure. No previous experience is necessary.
Endeavour courses provide high-quality education in expedition and remote medicine. Led by experienced professionals, the courses are immersive, holistic, and flexible to meet the needs of all participants.
All courses are aligned with the Professional Capabilities set out by the UK Foundation Training and postgraduate specialty training curricula. Specifically, courses cover:
- Clinical assessment and prioritization
- Complexity and uncertainty
- Communication skills
- Holistic planning
- Fitness for practice (wellbeing)
- Ethical and legal principles
- Health promotion and illness prevention
Endeavour course trainers are familiar with principles of good supervision and training, and can complete any work-based assessments undertaken during the course. Reflective practice is also encouraged. Courses offer 30 hours (Expedition medicine and leadership) or 20 hours (Altitude medicine) of continuing professional development (CPD).