- This event has passed.
January 13 @ 9:00 am – 5:00 pm GMT
Join the thirteenth edition of the Future Orthopaedic Surgeons Conference (FOSC), a one-day international event for junior doctors and medical students interested in a career in orthopaedic surgery.
The conference will feature:
- Academic lectures on four key topics: orthopaedic subspecialties, diversity in orthopaedics, career options and application pathways, and CV tips.
- Poster presentations by applicants for the Orthopaedics Section FOSC Prize for Research.
- Hands-on practical workshops on core orthopaedic surgical skills, such as intramedullary nailing, dynamic hip screw placement, open reduction internal fixation, and external fixation.
The FOSC conference is a great opportunity for you to:
- Learn about the different orthopaedic subspecialties and what they involve.
- Discover the range of career paths available to orthopaedic surgeons.
- Gain valuable insights into what a career in orthopaedics entails.
- Improve your CV and increase your chances of success in orthopaedic training applications.
- Develop your presentation and critical appraisal skills.
- Whether you are a junior doctor or a medical student, the FOSC conference is an essential event for anyone who is interested in a career in orthopaedic surgery.