March 3 – March 9 GMT
Have you ever dreamed of exploring the mountains and learning about high-altitude medicine? If so, then Endeavour Medical’s Altitude Medicine in Practice course is for you!
This 5-day course is designed for both beginner and intermediate skiers, and will teach you everything you need to know about skiing in the mountains, as well as the medical challenges of high altitude.
On the course, you will:
- Learn how to use touring bindings and skins
- Practice kick turns and uphill travel
- Ski on red and black runs, as well as easy off-piste
- Stay in a remote mountain refuge
- Learn about the medical challenges of high altitude
The course is led by experienced medical professionals and will cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Altitude physiology
- Illnesses and injuries at high altitude
- Wilderness first aid
- Leadership and team dynamics
By the end of the course, you will be a confident skier and a knowledgeable medical professional, ready to explore the mountains safely and responsibly.